The Northside Church August worship series is entitled FAQs. We are exploring Frequently Asked Questions by Christians. During sermon preparation, I asked my Facebook friends for some ideas and received 67 responses, including:
- What is God’s last name?
- Is the church still relevant as attendance declines?
- Who did Cain and Abel marry?
- Is the Bible literal?
- Will non-Christians go to heaven?
- What about hell?
- Was Jesus married?
- And my personal favorite, why are some Christians such jerks?
After curating (I could have used “organizing” or “selecting” but “curating” is SO 2021) the suggestions, I chose five topics:
- How Can I Know that I am Saved?
- What is God’s Will for My Life?
- Do Miracles Still Happen?
- What is Heaven Like?
- FAQs—a catchall sermon containing multiple questions
In Matthew 7:7, Jesus promised, “Ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you.” In the process of asking, seeking, and knocking, our questions strengthen our faith.
I invite you to join us onsite or online Sundays at Northside Church with Traditional Worship at 8:30 and 11:15 along with Contemporary Worship at 9:00. We will explore FAQs FYI PDQ IMHO.