Recent signs in my life that I’m growing older—if not up:
- I drive around town with Sam the Yorkshire Terrier sitting in my lap.
- I fall asleep in my favorite easy chair watching TV after 9:00 p.m.
- I have a favorite easy chair.
- On Saturday mornings, I cannot sleep past 6:00 a.m.
- I bought blue jeans on sale at Costco (sign 1). Then I discovered they had a stretchy waist band (sign 2). After trying them on, I decided to keep them (sign 3).
- The candles on my birthday cake indicate that I missed any chance to have a mid-life crisis.
- I find myself using phrases like “Back in the day,” “In my time,” and “I don’t understand young people today.”
- Putting on a sweat shirt and pants after supper makes me happy. If supper is before 6:00, then I’m even happier.
- If I fall asleep warm and pain-free, then it’s been a GOOD day.
- I often awake at 2:00 a.m. to ponder the problems of the world.
- And staring at the dark ceiling does not generate any solutions.
- I lift with my legs.
- I try not to lift at all.
- I think before bending over . . . and then consider what else to do while I’m down there.
- I watch athletes and think: “They’re going to regret THAT in thirty years!”
- I no longer know all the answers. Some days I forget the questions.
- God has used the years to make me wise enough to know that I’m not wise enough.
So I’m growing older—if not always up. MOST days it beats the alternative.
These are perfect!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ah, Bill……we are members of the same “club”, my friend.
I hate to tell you, but referring to Jeans as “Blue Jeans” is another sign that we are in the category of being older! HA! Love it!
And you have a grand!
I love this! Elastic waists work especially if they are invisible.
I am cracking up at these!! Grateful to follow your wisdom today and continue to follow you as your wisdom goes grows.