I recently preached on Fiscal Fitness. During sermon preparation, I asked people to share on Facebook some great financial advice they had received or shared. Here are some of the comments.
- A part of all I earn is mine to keep. In other words, prioritize savings.
- Write down your debt. Then pay off the smallest amount first.
- 10% to God. 10% savings. 10% retirement. 70% life.
- Make all you can. Save all you can. Give all you can.
- The best investment is time in people.
- Make a budget. Stick to it. Reassess each month.
- If you loan others money, consider it a gift.
- Slow and steady wins the race. (Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered!)
- Pay off credit cards each month.
- You don’t need that!
- Spend the inheritance!
- It is not income, but outgo, that determines your wealth.
Jesus said, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Spend wisely.