Hermann Rorschach published his self-named “Rorschach Ink Blot Test” in 1921 to identify personality characteristics. As an armchair psychologist, I have created the “Bill Burch Bookshelf Test.” It’s easy to take—just list the items on your bookshelves, and let a friend diagnose how messed-up you are!
For example, here’s a partial list of things you will find on my office bookshelves:
- 18 Bibles
- 15 pictures of family
- 13 Coca-Cola commemorative bottles
- 8 Nativity sets
- 5 ocean polished stones from Iona, Scotland
- 2 Communion patens and chalices
- 1 plug-in, bubbling, Christmas candle
- NCAA baseball from a Georgia Tech foul ball
- Foam bison from a Northside staff retreat—long story!
- Bound collections of “Calvin & Hobbes” and “The Far Side”
- Various cups, including a Dunder Mifflin coffee mug
- Model of Snoopy perched atop his doghouse
- Shadow box with fragments from the Berlin Wall
- Hand painted Easter egg
- Oh, and books!
After scoring the test, it’s obvious that I am a highly intelligent and gifted person of character who is well balanced in every way with no neuroses or psychoses!
How does your list reveal what’s important to you?
Wow, Bill, I love your list. It really gives a good look into your personality! Very eclectic and very interesting. No wonder we love you!😊❤️