We moved to Northside Church two years ago. For those new to the area, here are some helpful “Buckhead Driving Rules.”
- Speed limit signs are mere suggestions.
- Blinkers are optional.
- Peachtree Road is a 4 lane street divided into 6 lanes.
- Construction at Peachtree and Pharr always blocks at least 1 lane.
- “No Turn on Right” does not apply to YOU.
- Horns work better than brakes.
- The bumping sounds you hear are lane dividers.
- Our zip codes are exempt from the hands-free, cell phone law.
- Northside Parkway from Howell Mill to Paces Ferry is known as “The Quarter Mile of Death.”
- Pot holes serve as speed bumps.
- Neighborhood lanes make great shortcuts.
- Others tailgate, you draft.
- The car in the next lane cost 6 figures.
- Traffic is light from 2:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
- Do not play “Chicken” with an Amazon delivery van.
The good news is Buckhead traffic will inspire your prayer life and make you cry out to God!